The Anticancer Fund announces the appointment of new board members
Brussels – The Anticancer Fund is delighted to introduce you to two new members on the board of directors. From now on Luc Tayart de Borms and Rudy Dekeyser will help the foundation to achieve its mission of finding more cures for people with cancer.
Luc Tayart de Borms is managing director of the King Baudouin Foundation until the 30th of April 2022. He has more than 30 years of experience in non-profit organisations and is committed to take the Anticancer Fund to the next level, by further integrating the organisation in national and international philanthropic networks.
“The Anticancer Fund has developed a track record as a niche player in international cancer research. An impressive illustration that joining forces between private and public players is the way to go to tackle cancer.” - Luc Tayart de Borms
Rudy Dekeyser is managing partner of EQT and head of EQT’s Health Economics Funds, co-founder of VIB (Flanders Institute for Biotechnology), and has an impressive track record in the biotech and healthtech development. He will support the Anticancer Fund in building up its network in cancer research.
“The Anticancer Fund team keeps surprising me with original approaches. They inspire scientists to follow outside the box strategies, challenge the sometimes ‘rusty’ clinical trial strategies and at the same time manage an office providing science-based information to patients going through a cancer journey.” – Rudy Dekeyser.
Luc Tayart and Rudy Dekeyser are joining the actual members of the board, being Luc Verelst, the chairman and founder of the Anticancer Fund, Lydie Meheus, managing director of the Anticancer Fund, and Jo Van Biesbroeck, founder of Nadine de Beaufort fund, member of the board of KickCancer and current chairman of Matexi and Etex, among other.
Emiel Lathouwers is leaving the board of the Anticancer Fund. We would like to thank Emiel warmly for his years of trust, positive energy and common-sense advice, much appreciated by the team. He remains an ambassador of the Anticancer Fund and will closely follow our progress.
The Anticancer Fund is confident that a new, larger board will create opportunities for our organisation to grow. We are very grateful to our board members willing to share their knowledge and insights with our organisation in this endeavour.
Bio of Luc Tayart de Borms
Managing Director of the King Baudouin Foundation, until 30 April 2022
- Master’s Degree in Moral Sciences, University of Ghent
- President, Network of European Foundations
- Member of the European Policy Centre
- Strategy Committee member, European Venture Philanthropy Association
- Treasurer, the King Baudouin Foundation United States
- Council Member, King Baudouin Foundation Canada
Bio of Rudy Dekeyser
Partner EQT and head of the EQT Health Economics Funds
- PhD in Molecular Biology, University of Ghent
- Co-founder and Managing Director of the Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie (VIB)
- Member of the Board of Sequana Medical (Belgium), Lumeon (UK), Nobi (Belgium) and Remynd (Belgium)
- Co-founder of the Association of European Science and Technology Transfer Professionals (ASTP), FlandersBio and Oncode (Dutch cancer research institute)
- Chairman of EMBLEM (exclusive technology transfer partner of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory, EMBL)
- Member of the Advisory Board of several non-profit organisations active in the field of life sciences (the King Baudouin Foundation, De Weijerhorst Foundation, HUB, Fournier-Majoie Foundation and Fonds Generet)